Your wardrobe workhorse is here! Our award-winning Explorer is the all-terrain, all-weather boot that’ll keep your feet warm, dry and comfy come rain or shine – all while ticking your ‘country chic’ boxes. Easy to clean and durable enough for the demands of rural life, it only gets better with age. Rely on this functional yet flattering waterproof leather boot to take you from stableyard to steeplechase without putting a foot wrong.
Fashion Editor Jess Cartner-Morley gives us the
Ultimate Guide to styling tall boots
- Three fits: Regular, Sporting and Narrow for a snug fit round the calf
- Waterproof Sympatex® lining: reliably keeps your feet dry and warm*
- Premium smooth wax leather: easy to clean and wears in gracefully
- Memory foam comfort insole: these boots are made for walking!
- Heavy Duty YKK® zipper: hard-wearing hardware
- Heavy Duty Vibram Sole: flex tested for comfort, whatever’s underfoot
- Iconic interchangeable tassels: colour-match your boots to your outfit
- Scalloped fan: pretty detailing exudes the finest craftsmanship
- *tested to British Industry Standards – 8 hours with no water ingress (for more information, see the Care Section)
As soon as you receive your beautiful new product, you’ll notice the quality of the craftsmanship. From the luscious leather and sumptuous suede to the attention to detail in the stitching, hardware and lining, every element of every Fairfax & Favor product is handcrafted with the finest artistry ready to level up your year-round wardrobe with game-changing verve.
When every footstep is as fabulous as it is in a pair of Fairfax & Favor boots, the footprint should be as well. Our products definitely aren’t fast fashion. Click here to read more about what we do to care for planet Earth.
We all need a little TLC to keep us as good as new, and your beautiful new Fairfax & Favor investment is no different.
Leather is a natural material and needs oil/moisture to keep it soft and supple. To stop it drying out, hardening and cracking, treat it at least once a month with Renapur Leather Balsalm. Dry, cracked, or dirty leather can prevent the waterproof Sympatex ® membrane from performing effectively. Use a sponge or brush and work the cream into both the toe creases and around the sole unit of your boots. A small time maintaining the outer leather will help your boots perform for many years.
Not in the washing machine, please! Clean the leather with a neutral-coloured microfibre cloth and leave it to dry naturally. Remove mud and dirt immediately to stop moisture being drawn from the leather. Then re-apply the Renapur Leather Balsalm afterwards to reintroduce the required oils and moisture content.
MAINTENANCE & STORAGE
The Explorers are tested to British Industry standards for 8 hours to confirm no water ingress. This means that the boots are waterproof to the elements for up to 8 hours if they are maintained properly*.
However, like all leather performace boots with a full external zip, excessive exposure will cause water absorption into, and eventually through, the leather. After exposure to water, the boots must be dried out fully at natural room temperature, and not in direct heat or sunlight. If the boots are not fully dried out after use, the length of time that the boots will remain fully waterproof may be lessened. Similarly, exposure to salt water or animal waste / ammonia may cause degredation of the leather and the lining, and prevent it from performing effectively.
The Vibram® soles, are heavy duty and are tested to British Industry Standards for slip resistance, flex, and wear.
To care for your soles, remove stones and clean thoroughly after use.
Punctures to the sole, insole damage and nicks/tears in the lining can all affect the waterproof ability of the boot.
Store your beautiful boots away from heat, damp and direct sunlight. For Mid-Calf and Tall Boots, we recommend using Boot Trees to fill out the calf, maintain their original shape and prevent ankle creasing. Where possible, store your boots in their dustbags and blue box, and use a Signature Boot Bag for extra protection when travelling.
*Whilst the boots are tested to be waterproof in everyday conditions, puddles and wet grass etc. We do not recommend fully submerging or wading in them. For this type of activity the only true protection would be a rubber wellington.
Shipping & Returns
- Free EVRI Tracked 48 on orders from £50–£99.99 (£2.50 up to £49.99)
- Free EVRI Click + Collect Next Working Day on orders from £50–£99.99 (£2.50 up to £49.99) ( Saves over 200g of CO2 compared to home delivery.)
- Free DPD Next Working Day Delivery on orders over £100 (£4.95 for orders £50–£99.99)*
- Saturday or Sunday delivery: £6.95 (order by 2pm Friday)
- Before 10am Next Working Day delivery: £9.95 (order by 2pm the previous working day)
*For all orders placed before 2pm the previous working day. Please note that it takes couriers two days to deliver to the Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, areas of Scotland (based on postcode) and the Scottish Highlands and Islands on a Next Day Delivery Service.
Northern Ireland and Channel Islands delivery
- Northern Ireland: Free DPD 2-Day on orders over £100 (£4.95 on orders under £100) (Next working day Monday - Friday)
- Channel Islands: Free DHL 2-Day on orders over £100 (£4.95 on orders under £100) (Next working day Monday - Friday)
Republic of Ireland delivery
- Free DPD 2-Day on orders over €200 (€25 on orders under €200) (2 - 3 days)
European and worldwide shipping
- Free DHL Worldwide Express on orders over $250 ($250 for orders under $250 ) (3 - 5 days)
Customs and duties
Nobody likes taxes – horrid things! That’s why we’re proud to operate a DDP (Delivered Duties Paid) policy, which means that the price you pay at the checkout will be the final price, with no nasty surprises in the form of extra customs or duties. We cover it all so that you can get your Fairfax & Favor fix wherever you are, hassle-free and with no extra cost.
Free returns and exchanges, worldwide
If your new purchase turns out not to be quite right, we offer 180-day free returns and 365-day free exchanges for all orders over £50, wherever you are in the world.
If you’re overseas, they’ll be via DHL. Take a look at our returns page for more details.
We have the utmost confidence in this gorgeous product, so we’re delighted to offer it with a 18-month no-quibble warranty, right from the day you become its proud owner.
During this period, in the highly unlikely event you have any problems with your new wardrobe essential – whether it’s stitching, zips, metalwork, handles, corners, soles or anything else – you can send it back to us for repair or we’ll send you a new one. All we ask is that you’ve taken good care of it, and it’s treated fairly in this period as we can’t cover products damaged through misuse, accidents or unauthorised repair, or general wear & tear.
Add talking-point tassels in your fave colours.