UK Design Competition Terms & Conditions
The competition The title of the competition is The Fairfax & Favor Design Competition.
- The competition is design based and entrants are required to design a potential product for the Promotor to manufacture. The chosen winner will receive a £500 gift card for use in respect of the purchase of any of the goods of the Promotor.
How to enter
- The competition will run from 4pm on 9th April 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 1pm on 9th May 2021 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter [at the address set out at condition 1 or online through the website https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/design-competition by no later than 13:00 GMT on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition: Send your completed design marked with the name of the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- The Promoter will not accept: Responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- For help with entries, please contact us at email@example.com OR see https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/design-competition.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of four judges. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final. The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out above for the Promotor.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the UK, except: Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are: Automatically generated by computer; Completed by third parties or in bulk; Illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; photocopies and not originals. An additional colour of an already existing design
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition. Competition entries cannot be returned.
- The prize is a £500 gift card for use in respect of the purchase of any of the goods of the Promotor. Prize must be redeemed within 6 months of issue and can only be used on goods of the Promotor which are available at the time and which the Promotor either has in stock or is reasonable able to get into stock. There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the judges nominated by the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of the winner and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to the address set out above for the Promotor (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date of the competition.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 14 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights: All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to: Assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/ and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Should you not win the competition, but the Promotor wishes to use your entry in any event, you will receive a £100 gift card for use in respect of the purchase of any of the goods of the Promotor, provided the Promotor is able to contact you.
- The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/privacy-policy. See also condition 3 and condition 6.4, with regard to the announcement of winners.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.