How to enter
- The competition by Fairfax & Favor ("The Promoter") will run from 13:00 GMT on 28th April 2023 (the "Opening Date") to 13:00 GMT on 26th May 2023 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter at the address set out at condition 1 or online through the website https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/design-competition by no later than 13:00 GMT on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified, and won't be considered.
- To enter the competition: Send your completed design marked with the name of the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- The Promoter will not accept: Responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- For help with entries, please contact us at htttps:www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/contact-us or see https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/design-competition.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of four judges. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final. The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out above for the Promotor.
- The judges will select 20 entries which will be shortlisted on the Fairfax & Favor Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/fairfaxandfavor) on the 30th May 2023.
- The competition is open to all, except: Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or members of the immediate families or households of those defined above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are: Automatically generated by computer; Completed by third parties or in bulk; Illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; photocopies and not originals, an additional colour of an already existing design, or those generated by AI or similar artificial or computer learning technology.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition. Competition entries cannot be returned.
- The prize is a £500 gift card for use in respect of the purchase of any of the goods of the Promoter and a chance to have their design made.
- A Design is not guaranteed to be made on being selected as the winner, or in the shortlist.
- Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of issue and can only be used on goods of the Promotor which are available at the time and which the Promotor either has in stock or is reasonable able to get into stock. There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the judges nominated by the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The decision of the Facebook Likes will be final, although the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition at anytime, or to disqualify entries at their discretion.
- The Winner will be announced on Monday 2nd June 2023 at 4pm.
- Whilst the Promoter accepts sharing on relevant Fairfax & Favor pages/groups, however the Promoter does not accept sharing on “farming” pages/groups or “exchange for likes” pages/groups, and likewise, do not accept self-promotion, competitions, or "calling" for likes in order to boost a post's entry or total likes.
- If anyone who has entered the competition is seen to share on these types of pages/groups, they will be disqualified and this decision is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of the winner and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to the address set out above for the Promotor (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date of the competition.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Claiming the prize
- Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 14 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- The winner will be contacted by email@example.com within 7 days of the Closing Date.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights: All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to: Assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/ and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
Data protection and publicity
- The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.fairfaxandfavor.com/pages/privacy-policy. See also condition 3 and condition 6.4, with regard to the announcement of winners.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Future Designs: The Promoter works two years in advance. Inspiration is not taken from the design competition entries. Consequently, credit for The Promoter's future launches cannot be taken, even if an Entrant believes their design is similar to one of the Promoter's designs.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.