Burghley x Fairfax Competition Terms & Conditions
This competition is brought to you by Fairfax & Favor Ltd, Narford Hall, Narford, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE321JA in conjunction with Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, Barnack Road, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 2LH and Burghley Boutique The Bury, Bury Green, Little Hadham, Hertfordshire, SG11 2HE
- No purchase is necessary to enter or to win the Competition and any purchase made will not increase the chance of winning.
- This Competition will run for the “Competition Period” which shall be from 10:00 on 17th June 2019 until 10:00 on 5th August 2019 (the “Closing Date”). By entering this Competition, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). The details of the Competition form part of these T&Cs. You should print and retain a copy of these T&Cs for reference. Any breach of these T&Cs may result in a prize being forfeited, at Fairfax & Favor’s sole discretion.
- To participate in this Competition, entrants must not be Fairfax & Favor, Landrover Burghley Horse Trials or Burghley Boutique employees, third parties involved in the Competition, their families, agents or anyone else in any way professionally connected with this Competition, and must meet the following requirements (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- reside in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland); and
- be at least 18 years of age or older;
- have access to the internet.
HOW TO ENTER
- Every person who meets the Eligibility Criteria (“Entrant”) shall be entitled during the Competition Period to enter the Competition.
- Entrants may enter the competition online by:
- submitting, during the Competition Period, an entry via the online form located at www.fairfaxandfavor.com/win (the “Online Form”) during the Competition Period; and
- providing the Entrant's first name, last name and e-mail address (the “Entry”).
- The Competition must be entered in each Entrant’s own name; it may not be entered on behalf of anyone else. No bulk, software-generated, automatic, or third-party entries shall be accepted. If a false name is used, that Entry will be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to one Entry. If more than one Entry per Entrant is received, or if any Entrant attempts to submit more than one Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or email addresses, all such Entries may be deemed void and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Competition.
- Only Entries that have been completed correctly and in full will be entered into the Competition. Joules does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, delayed or damaged Entries and cannot be held responsible for any inability to submit Entries as a result of computer service, systems and/or server failure, error, interruption, defect or delay or any other technical malfunction.
- The Winner (as defined below) will be chosen by means of randomised electronic selection from all valid Entries.
- There will be one main winner (the “Winner”).
- The Winner will win 2 x tickets to all 4 days of the horse trials. A 3 night stay in Gold Bell Tent in the Walled Garden at Burghley Estate. One car pass. 1 pair of ladies boots (chosen by the winner), 1 pair of mens shoes (chosen by the winner), a Windsor handbag (colour chosen by winner), a Cadogan Travel Bag, one signature Umbrella.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. If the Prize is no longer available due to circumstances beyond Fairfax & Favor’s control, a prize of equal or greater value will be provided. The Prize can only be redeemed by the named Winner and must not be sold on.
BURGHLEY BOUTIQUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The 3 night stay is subject to these terms and conditions and the “FAQs” section of the Burghley Boutique website and no other terms or representations; by making a booking, Guests agree to this.
- “We”, “our” and “us” means Burghley Boutique Limited. “Guest” means the person(s) making the booking. “Tent” means a Bell Tent, a Lotus Belle Tent and any other accommodation, as specified on the booking, including their contents.
- Guests agree, for themselves and on behalf of the other occupants of the Tent they have booked:
- not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or gas appliances or electric heaters, or any fire, candle or other naked flame,
- when the Tent is unoccupied, to keep it closed, dry and secure and in particular to close any door fastenings,
- not to tamper with the structure or any part of the equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend any item from the Tent,
- that no smoking is permitted in or within 3 metres of Tents,
- not to bring animals into Tents,
- to pay us for any damage or excessive soiling to the Tents during the hire period.
- Check-in and check-out times will be specified on the booking form or otherwise specified in writing by us. No refunds will be given for earlier check out.
- All children must be registered on the booking confirmation.
- Cancellation and refunds: Guests may cancel by clear notice in writing (letter or email) to us (see our contact details in 10 below) at any time prior to the booked check-in date. We may cancel for reasons outside our control, including weather, problems with sites, cancellation of events and force majeure.
Exclusion of liability:
- We will not be responsible for loss or damage to property howsoever caused or for injury to persons unless the injury arose from negligence on our part or our liability cannot lawfully be excluded.
- Guests acknowledge that camping involves exposure to nature, including insects and other wildlife. The design of the Tents helps to keep them at bay, but Guests and other occupants should take sensible precautions and we will not be liable for harm arising from such natural phenomena.
- We will do all we can to provide Tents to the specification on the booking, but where that proves impossible, we will co-operate with Guests to provide an acceptable substitute. If that is not possible, we will refund the booking fee in full and that will be the extent of our liability.
- The Booking is to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising hereunder is to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Burghley Boutique Limited is registered in England, No. 11816010, VAT No. 317870487
- Registered Office: The Bury, Bury Green, Little Hadham, Hertfordshire, SG11 2HE
LAND ROVER BURGHLEY HORSE TRIALS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Cancellation or Abandonment of the Event: No refunds will be made on the day. In the event of cancellation or abandonment of the Event, money paid in respect of advance bookings or a logical proportion thereof, will be refunded on the return to the Burghley Horse Trials Admin Office of tickets/passes which could not be used because of cancellation or abandonment. Refunds will only be made in respect of any day that is wholly abandoned before the start of that day’s competition. In respect of items covering the whole event (membership, caravan membership, season tickets, etc) the following proportions will be refunded: cancelled before Thursday starts 100%, before Friday 85%, before Saturday 60%, before Sunday 15%.
- Data Protection: Burghley Horse Trials Ltd aims to set the best practice in implementing the current data protection legislation. As part of our service to you, we would like to advise you that the details of your transaction will be retained on our database for a period of three years after your booking. This is to facilitate future bookings. If you would like your details deleted from the Burghley Horse Trials database please put your request in writing to Burghley Horse Trials Admin Office, Barnack Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 2LH or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclaimer of Liability: Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the Organisers, Burghley Horse Trials Ltd, British Eventing Limited, the Trustees of Burghley Estate, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, grooms, spectators, dogs, land, cars, their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. The Organisers shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the abandonment, cancellation or postponement of Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, or any such eventuality.
- All badges, car park labels and hospitality packages are subject to the Organisers reserving the right to refuse admission to Burghley Horse Trials to any person, or to withdraw permission at any time to remain in Burghley Park, and shall not be required to give any reason for such action.
- Cancelled Bookings, Lost, Forgotten or Unused Tickets and Badges: No refunds or duplicates will be issued. This includes all lost, forgotten, unused or surplus car passes, admission tickets and Members’/guest badges. To arrange Special Delivery, please select this option when ordering online.
- Photography: The organisers maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers and employees at the event without informing or recompense to event participants or visitors. These images can be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by the organisers and their partners, which will cover a range of possible uses including advertising press and media, printed information items, editorial coverage and any other promotion directly related to the event or its sponsors.
- Drones: Drones are not permitted in any area of the event at any time.
CONTACTING THE WINNER
- Fairfax & Favor will make reasonable efforts to notify the Winner of the Prize using the email address used to submit the Entry by 6th August 2019. Fairfax & Favor is not responsible for email addresses recorded incorrectly. If having made those efforts it is not possible to contact the Winner, Fairfax & Favor reserves the right to offer the Winner’s Prize to the next valid Entrant selected by means of randomised electronic selection. Any reselection will be undertaken in accordance with these T&Cs.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winner’s postal address by 25th August 2019. Fairfax & Favor is not responsible for failure to deliver a Prize should a postal address be provided incorrectly.
- The surname of the Winner will be obtainable for three months from the Closing Date upon application to Fairfax & Favor Burghley Competition (Winners Details Request), Narford Hall, Narford, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Fairfax & Favor reserves the right to withdraw, change or cancel the Competition at any time. Fairfax & Favor’s decision in all matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and unless otherwise specified cannot be deferred. There will be no cash or other alternative offered. Once a Prize has been allocated it cannot be transferred and must not be sold on.
- Fairfax & Favor, including its officers, directors, employees or agents, excludes all liability for any losses and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising in relation to these T&Cs, this Competition and/or the Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- In consideration of being awarded the Prize, if you are the Winner, you may be required by Fairfax & Favor to take part in publicity related to the subject of the Competition, and you now confirm that if you are the Winner, you will take part in such publicity. Such publicity may include, without limitation, use of the Winner’s name, photographs (which the Winner will provide on request) and statements made by the Winner concerning the Competition and/or the Prize.
- Your details will be used only in relation to the administration of this Competition and the delivery of the Prize, unless you opt-in to receive future marketing communications from either Fairfax & Favor, Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials or Burghley Boutique.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, and Facebook/Instagram/Twitter shall not be liable for any losses whatsoever arising from this Competition and/or the Prize. You are providing your information to Fairfax & Favor and not to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of this Competition, unless you opt-in to receive future marketing communications from either Fairfax & Favor, Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials or Burghley Boutique
These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.